Mindset Mindset

Very unique song, for me, it has a ever-evolving feel to it. Maybe push the bass up a bit. Great work!

newtonian shore newtonian shore

newtonian shore

:] Love the superb syncopation ! This score works very well on it's own as is, but man, I would just love to hear some tom waits gregorian chanting softly in the background / Great work , as usual!

acmeDyne responds:

Thanks Tokolos!

Vaniardur - X Vaniardur - X

Vaniarduricu

tak kaptajn! I enjoyed the open, strecthed out guitar chords.
Drums need some more variation imo, cause when they come in it's a little underwhelming. Otherwise, excellent!

Halindir responds:

Thank you very much Tokolos, im glad you enjoyed it :)

About the drums, I agree with you, the whole track would definitely benefit from more variation on the drums. But when it comes to drums, im a complete retard.

Thanks again for the review!

Mark The World Mark The World

Mark The World

I really enjoyed this submission fatkid. It just had a sense of completion imo/
the slow intruiging build-up really puts me in the right frame of mind. And the drums/beat never become overpowering, they just subtly drive the track forward unto completion.
great stuff!

FatKidWitAJetPak responds:

I really enjoy the subtle drums as well, they give it a jazzy sort of feelings.

For Teen Ate For Teen Ate

For Teen Ate/

Love it, the beat/drums rocks!
Working with 7 time is great fun, you should really expand it. Personally, I think it needs some bass. After 01:02 you could go back to the intro again with just a bassline/riff and drums, and take it from there.

drums/beat: Like I said, the drums are great, when you expand, more cymbals and crashes for emphasis on the ( 00:30 ) busy parts.
When you update, let me know.

Kirbyfemur responds:

Hey thanks man!
Yeah i noticed there wasn't quite the oomph i wanted on the busy part as i wanted, so that'll be the first thing to be tweaked. And that idea about how to expand it might just be crazy enough to work!

And as for the 7 time, yeah it really is a lot more fun to mess around with songs when you aren't as restricted in a smaller time signature like a 4/4.

I'll keep you updated when i add lots more to this! =3

WIP I'm Tired of Waiting WIP I'm Tired of Waiting

I'm Tired of Waiting...

Great song, I agree with previous review, drop the muted delay/ electric guitar part a little. Don't take it out, just make it a bit softer in the mix. Push the vocals up a bit.
Adding some harmonies to your voice would fit very well, esp for the " I'm tired of waiting" part.
I know it's a wip, so I'm hoping you make it longer, add some drums after the build up/
Not sure if you know Beth Gibbons, but your voice reminds me of hers.
good work, can't wait to hear the next update to this/

Fresco in D Major Fresco in D Major

Fresco

Great stuff! As you get more comfortable with the guitar it will just get better and better. Damn hard piece to play. The slides can make it very easy to be late on some of the higher notes/
Your guitar has got a great sound/tone, and it's in tune! :P Therefore,
Good work!

Darkmaster603 responds:

Hey, thanks. I have a problem recording, I'm a terrible recording guitarist sometimes lol. I do live shows, which sound much better, but my playing will sound more fluent in time...hopefully.

This guitar is a crappy 100 dollar knockoff, so I'm glad you think it sounds nice. I'm actually getting an a new guitar for my class soon, ~$1000 handmade one. I've gotten a lot more practice on this piece, so it's a lot more fluent, maybe I'll upload a re-recording.

Thanks for the review!

For all things to come For all things to come

For all things to come

Mmmm, from what I can hear you recorded the drums and guitar live?
It's very soft/muddy, something you could easily fix with some compression/limiting etc.
Would be cool if you could edit the author comments and put the lyrics in.
I can't comment on the voice or lyrics since I can barely make out what's going on...
I think it's a song that doesnt live up to it's potential just yet. My pet hate : drums slowing down/speeding up ... you have to be on the whole time, otherwise it's a lazy shambles = disarray. I like the beat a lot, but some hits are off, spoiling it somewhat.
Also, the guitar lead riffs start out awesome and then towards the end of the bar they loose their intent a little.(04:07)
It's a good song with potential, reminds me a little bit of roger waters(pinkfloyd)
for some reason.
Keep it up, and try to focus on the timing/drums when you work on it again.

Instrumental Piece 1 Instrumental Piece 1

Instrumental Piece 1

Nice, love the way it incorporates lots of moods & ideas. I get some oriental , some traditional greek influences etc.
/ for some reason this track moves along so fast before I know it's allready back to the start, so that's a good thing.
I might be wrong but I'm sure sectin from 02:00 onwards is in 6/4 time? really love the way it puts emphasis on the 1st beat/note of each bar. I like it a lot.
The most appealing aspect is the sense of freedom you created. Quite different from your other work, yes, but still it's got your signature/stamp on it!
( 00:00 - 01:00: would love to hear some voilins !)

Gravey responds:

Hey bud! Glad you noticed the time change at 2:00. I've been experimenting a lot more with time signatures that are not 4/4 and 3/4. Although 6/4 is not much different from 3/4, it does give a slightly different feel. Glad you noticed that. :-)

I'm really glad you enjoyed this piece. It's different from what I've been doing lately, which is a good thing in my opinion. Keeping myself from getting into a rut.

Thanks as always for the review.

-Gravey-

Land of flying clouds (2) Land of flying clouds (2)

Land of flying clouds (2)

Nice, better than previous clouds(1). Still, some issues with the drums/tempo. You are trying to make them fit to your playing. So, I geuss your playing is ever so slightly off meter, hence the beat not fitting/synching very well.
00:13 ( starts there )
Perhaps put the snare on 3, and not 2 and 4, add slight delay, reverb and push the drums back, so the actual piano becomes the main focus.